Aps3 Service Support Officer
South Townsville, QLD
Your opportunity to work with an agency dedicated to supporting the Veteran community in Townsville.
Your new company
Hays have partnered with a local Federal Government team who support and promote programs and initiatives tailored to the veteran community in Townsville and the wider region. With an increased investing in delivering services locally in Northern Queensland, there is now the opportunity for a dedicated Support Officer to join the organisation for 12 Months with a strong possibility of extension in the new financial year.
Your new role
In this role you will be the first point of contact for all clients who primarily consists of veterans and current service members.
Your role will be instrumental in providing exceptional customer service to clients via telephone and front line Reception. Working within a larger team, you will collaborate with a diverse range of clients and service providers to meet their needs and escalate their request as needed. The majority of this is over the phone and via email, with occasional face to face interactions.
Duties will include:
- Guide and assist clients as the first point of enquiry to the appropriate information and resources they need
- Refer complete queries to the appropriate services
- Assist with client appointments & File management across multiple databases
- Arrange travel requests for regional staff
- Manage the region's correspondence workflows via email, mail and TRIM
What you'll need to succeed
To thrive in this team you will have the ability to build strong relationships and have a high level of personal resilience to address what can sometimes be challenging client circumstances and a high paced environment.
You will also ideally be able to demonstrate:
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong IT literacy with the ability to use multiple systems at the same time
- Understanding of the Defence Force and/or Veterans community
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise and adapt to changing goals in the organisation while adhering to schedules and deadlines.
What you'll get in return
You will join a government agency with a great reputation of providing support to Veterans and their families. You will receive training and ongoing support while joining an established team to guide your on-boarding.
The hours are Full-Time Monday to Friday with a Pay-Rate between $38 & $44 an hour depending on skills and experience. This assignment is currently for a 12 month term with a strong possibility of extension.
You will be supported by your Hays consultant throughout your assignment and receive weekly payment with electronic timesheets.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role and, click 'apply now' via our secure portal. Shortlisted candidates will be briefed on the role and asked to prepare a brief cover letter addressing the key criteria.
If you have a specific question related to this role, contact Tehani Savu, Hays expert consultant in Office Support, at email@example.com for a confidential discussion.
LHS 297508 #2490875
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: