Zero Harm Officer - Brisbane / Darling Downs
Darling Downs, WA
At SPOTLESS we employ over 36,000 people in Australia and New Zealand within a variety of roles. We provide expertise tailored to key industry sectors that include Health, Business & Industry, Resources, Defence, PPP, Leisure, Sport & Entertainment, Laundries, Education and Government.
We're passionate about finding better ways of doing things. For our customers. And for you.
Find out more at
Spotless is the lead contractor for the Estate Maintenance and Operation Services (EMOS) to the Department of Defence in Queensland and Southern New South Wales. We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Zero Harm Officer who will be responsible for embedding the Zero Harm framework through Spotless Defence as part of the works activities delivered to the Australian Defence Force
Reporting to the Head of Zero Harm, this role will be responsible for:
- Undertaking audits, site observations and other assurance activities at all on a weekly basis that demonstrate Zero Harm due diligence and compliance with legislated obligations in works activities.
- Coach, guide and mentor Service Delivery Partners (SDPs) and Spotless Projects/Operations Teams to ensure a strong, consistent and positive safety culture is in place.
- Engaging in, and contributing to, Pre-Start Meetings, Toolbox Talks, Risk Assessment Workshops, Inductions and Safety Stand-downs.
- Coordinate and deliver high quality weekly and monthly reports, briefs and correspondence for consideration by senior management.
- Lead and support incident investigations for activities in conjunction with the Zero Harm Team, EMOS Operations Teams and Service Line/Functional Support Team
- Support the Zero Harm Team in development and implementation of Spotless Defence' Annual Zero Harm Assurance Plan with input from senior stakeholders, and report on compliance to the plan, including evidence management.
- Support the Spotless Defence Business in achievement of annual Zero Harm KPIs set.
- Encourage and drive line management willingness to comply with corporate Zero Harm guidelines and policies.
- Ability to obtain and retain a Defence Security Clearance (Australian Citizen)
- Degree qualification in Occupational Health and Safety and / or relevant discipline
- Demonstrable and successful Zero Harm experience / capability in a similar business environment with at least 5 years experience gained at this level.
- Exposure and proven past experience within the construction, civil works or utilities sectors.
- Working knowledge and sound relationships with government authorities and third party accreditation organisations.
- Strong systems knowledge to support safety standards and audits and to ensure that federal requirements and accreditations are achieved.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively build relationships with key stakeholders / clients, peers and colleagues.
- Well-developed organisational, administrative and time management skills, with an ability to proactively deliver upon multiple, competing priorities within established schedules.
- Current unrestricted Drivers licence
- Supportive and inclusive culture
- A professional and safe working environment
- Good employee benefits and entitlements
To apply online please click the 'apply' button below.
Please note: As a pre-requisite for these roles all candidates need to be able to prove they are an Australian Citizen and hold a current Australian Drivers Licence. Candidates will also be required to undertake a pre-employment medical and drug screen as well as a National Police and Australian Security Defence Clearance Check.
Spotless is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians to apply.
Advertised: 06 Apr 2021 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 07 May 2021 AUS Eastern Standard Time
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: