Site Engineer - Concrete
Brisbane Grove, NSW
Boral Concrete is one of the leading concrete suppliers in Queensland and has an extensive fixed and mobile concrete plant network throughout the state. Due to a recent internal promotion, we have an opportunity for a Site Engineer to join our team. The role will be based in Brisbane with some travel expected to regional areas as required. The role reports directly to the Qld Concrete Engineering and Improvements Manager and will directly report to the Senior Project Engineer for Qld Concrete.
- Effectively manage and coordinate plant improvement projects
- Manage, monitor and report on Continuous Improvement tasks for the Qld Boral Concrete business
- Assist with the mobilisation and de-mobilisation of mobile concrete plants to meet operational objectives
- Carry out scoping, design, costing and planning for projects
- Assemble the project teams including supplier and sub-contractor selection
- Manage projects to ensure budgets, deadlines and Safety and Operational outcomes are achieved
- Enhance Boral’s position by ensuring Boral products and services fulfil client and contract requirements
- On site management of specific projects, including liaison with Senior Project Engineer and Operational staff and management of suppliers and sub-contractors
- Full compliance with Boral Safety Absolutes and legislative requirements as well as Improving OH&S and environmental performance on the construction site, and
- Monitor and report on projects in respect to OH&S, program, budget and quality.
- Strong safety focus
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in the engineering field
- Knowledge and understanding of project management methodology
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise competing deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Proficient MS Office, MS Project and Visio or CAD Drawing skills, and
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with all people, and to lead and influence people
- Permanent full time opportunity
- Competitive remuneration package including TOT vehicle
- Opportunity to work with an industry leader
- Opportunity to work in and across Queensland
- Equal Opportunity Employer
- Endorsed employer by Work180 for gender equality
- Established ex-Defence Force Alumni providing ongoing support and mentoring, and
- Organisation dedicated to health, safety and the environment.
Boral is an international building products and construction materials group with three strong divisions: the high-performing, well-positioned materials business of Boral Australia; the fast-growing, 50%-owned USG Boral interior linings joint venture in Asia, Australia and the Middle East; and Boral North America, a scaled and growing building products and fly ash business. With its headquarters in Sydney, Australia, Boral has approximately 17,000 full-time equivalent employees (including in JVs) working across over 700 operating sites in 17 countries.
Boral values and is committed to creating a diverse working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All suitable applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: