Cleaner (Periodical) - Townsville North
South Townsville, QLD
At SPOTLESS we employ over 36,000 people in Australia and New Zealand within a variety of roles. We provide expertise tailored to key industry sectors that include Health, Business & Industry, Resources, Defence, PPP, Leisure, Sport & Entertainment, Laundries, Education and Government.
We're passionate about finding better ways of doing things. For our customers. And for you.
Find out more at
Spotless is the lead contractor for the Estate Maintenance and Operation Services (EMOS) to the Department of Defence in Queensland and Southern New South Wales. As lead contractor within the region we deliver a suite of services to support Defence capability.
We currently have an opportunity for a self-motivated, reliable Cleaner. This position will provide effective support to ensure the smooth and efficient day-to-day running of the daily cleaning services.
This full time role will report to the Cleaning and Housekeeping Supervisor and will deliver a range of services including but not limited to:
- Deliver and assist with periodic cleaning activities in accordance with Cleaning Management Plan (CMP) and deliver specialised cleaning activities including stripping and sealing floors, shampooing carpets, high pressure cleaning, window cleaning and cleaning high areas
- Adherence to all service deliverables in the Statement of Works (SOW)
- Support the Cleaning/Housekeeping Supervisors ensuring contractual obligations are met in all aspects of cleaning
- Maintain high quality and co-operative relationships with key Defence Base personnel
- Display a strong level of team commitment whilst also having the ability to work autonomously where required
Skills and Experience
- Suitability for Defence Security Clearance (Australian citizenship mandatory)
- Experience with periodic cleaning equipment such as floor polishers, high pressure cleaners, floor buffers, carpet shampoo machines and high area cleaning.
- Minimum 1 years' experience in similar role with strong client services skills and significant cleaning and housekeeping industry experience
- Awareness of building security and related responsibilities
- Experience operating industrial cleaning equipment
- Highly developed attention to detail
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and establish timeframes
Benefits and Culture
- Supportive and inclusive culture
- A professional and safe working environment
- Good employee benefits and entitlements
To apply online please click the 'apply' button below.
Please note: As a pre-requisite for these roles all candidates need to be able to prove they are an Australian Citizen and hold a current Australian Drivers Licence. Candidates will also be required to undertake a pre-employment medical and drug screen as well as a National Police and Australian Security Defence Clearance Check.
Spotless is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians to apply.
Advertised: 06 Apr 2021 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 07 May 2021 AUS Eastern Standard Time
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: