Service Desk Officer
- A great opportunity to work in a supportive and goal orientated team
- Enjoy flexibility and interesting work within our strong team culture
- Location, Edinburgh Parks SA
Apply your talent where it counts as a Service Desk Officer in our IM&T Service Delivery team based in Edinburgh Parks SA.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course, some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
Our IM&T department provides sustainable, best in class, end-to-end services to our customers throughout Australia. We live and breathe our company behaviours of strategic vision, creativity, adaptability, collaboration, develops people, integrity, courage and inspiration.
As the Service Desk Officer, you will be responsible for the processing and coordination of appropriate and timely responses to requests for support and incident reports, including channelling requests for help to appropriate teams for resolution, monitoring resolution activity and keeping customers appraised of progress towards service resolution.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Receive and handle requests for support, following agreed procedures and within Service Level Agreement (SLA) guidelines
- Contribute to timely responses and recommendations on support requests and continuous improvement strategies to customer problems and queries to deliver a high level of customer service and reduce lifecycle processes
- Troubleshoot and provide information to enable resolution on support requests and promptly allocate unresolved calls as appropriate
- Effectively handle incident reports, prioritising where necessary
- Deliver communications relating to service delivery issues to the business or customer
- Installation and configuration of desktop hardware and software
- Create and maintain support documentation
- Assist with hardware loan pool and with projects where allocated
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- The ability to demonstrate a passion for customer service
- The ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities effectively
- Knowledge of the latest Microsoft business applications, operating systems and network environments
- The capacity to provide support beyond the normal working hours
Whilst not essential, IT related studies and ITIL qualifications will be an advantage.
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years, we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
Applications should be addressed to: Polly Buerano, Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: