Defence Psychologist - Darwin
Defence Psychologist - Darwin
Job Req ID: 101462
Posting Start Date: 30-Nov-2020
Darwin, Northern Territory, AU, 0829
Contract Type: Casual
- Experience working in an ADF Health Centre as a Civilian
- Make a difference to the men & women who serve our country
- Generous hourly rate + casual loading
You are a passionate and dedicated mental health professional who is committed to providing the highest quality healthcare to those in need. With excellent communication and listening skills, you take pride in your ability to make your patients feel comfortable and safe in your hands. You are empathetic and compassionate and understand the importance of this in making a difference to those in need of mental health services. You are a respectful and professional person who demonstrates exceptional moral values in everything you do. You are passionate about providing health services and working as part of a multi-disciplinary team to support delivery of the highest standard of care to patients.
About the Role
As a Psychologist you will be an integral member of an experienced multidisciplinary health care team providing a range of high-quality evidence-based mental health services to patients. You will undertake intake assessments, risk assessments, crisis intervention, case formulation, programmatic treatment intervention, care co-ordination and group psycho-education, as well as additional support services as required.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- The highest levels of personal integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Current unconditional and unrestricted registration as a Psychologist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Minimum 2 years post graduate experience in the last 5 years in mental health in a primary health or specialist mental health setting undertaking comprehensive mental health assessment and delivering a range of evidence based 'Focussed Psychological Strategies' as defined under the Medicare Schedule.
- Recent participation in Continuous Professional Development (CPD) activities in accordance with AHPRA.
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (HLTAID001) certification.
- Knowledge of relevant State/Territory policies and procedures and national standards governing mental health practice (desirable).
- Knowledge of the ADF Mental Health and Wellbeing Strategy 2018-2023 (desirable).
ADF Health Services provides integrated healthcare services to Australian Defence Force (ADF) personnel across Australia. As part of this newly-awarded contract, Serco, in partnership with Bupa, provide defence-ready clinical and support staff across 50+ on-base locations nationally, ensuring that ADF personnel have access to quality on-site medical care. Our staff take pride in delivering quality health services to achieve outstanding care and our new ADF Health Services employees are no exception.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play - from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including Defence, Transport, Justice, Immigration, Healthcare and Citizen Services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone. To learn more please visit www.serco.com/ahsc.
If you are inspired to make a positive difference and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply now. For more information, please contact Karin Meikle from Talent Acquisition on 08 6202 4544.
Please note your resume must include - start and finish dates for each role, along with employment type (e.g. casual, part-time, full-time) and hours worked per week.
This is a position of trust and responsibility and to support this we will conduct a thorough probity assessment, which includes a national police check as an essential selection component for this role. You must also be an Australian Citizen in order to obtain the required Baseline Security Clearance for this role.
Serco values of Trust, Care, Innovation and Pride underpin everything we do. We are curious, creative and collaborative. Our people help in ways that matter.
We are committed to diversity and we encourage people to apply from different backgrounds. By joining Serco you will have access to our Global Employee Networks - SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LBGTI+) Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
NOTE: Google Chrome is the preferred browser to access Serco careers website
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: