Station Officer - Woomera
One of Australasia's largest dedicated infrastructure service providers, Ventia is a new and dynamic organisation with a rich history. Our clients are the owners and operators of major infrastructure that is critical to our communities. No one else does exactly what we do in the way we do it. Making infrastructure work for our communities is at the heart of who we are and it's what unites and excites us.
Ventia are currently looking to engage a Station Officer. This position will see you located in Woomera, South Australia in a full time rostered position within a well-established team.
- To maintain an effective operational readiness in accordance with the relevant Certified Agreements and Modern Awards
- To supervise the operational and administrative requirements of the Fire Station in accordance with the relevant certified agreements and common law awards and the DBS Contract.
- To assist Ventia Service Managers in achieving all of the Ventia Service goals and visions in a professional and responsible manner.
- Responsible for the effective operational readiness of the Fire Station, Fire Appliances and equipment in accordance with the relevant Certified Agreements and maintenance schedules.
- Provide competent response capability and supervision of emergency and training situations.
- Ensure that all tasking is undertaken in accordance with safe work method statements and processes in the delivery of operational outputs for the Fire and Rescue Service.
- Ensure response timeframes and the appropriate response capability to incidents and emergencies are met in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Respond to incidents and emergencies in accordance with contractually required timeframes.
- Accountable for any administrative duties associated with the delivery of the Fire and Rescue Service in accordance with requirements and second tasking.
- Accountable for the ongoing participation of all staff in training and development activities in accordance with competency and qualification requirements of the role
- Mentoring and assistance of other Fire Station staff in the completion and attainment of their competencies and qualifications.
In order to be considered for this role it is mandatory you have the following minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of 60 months as a paid firefighter within the fire and rescue industry
- Completed all required Public Safety units (including site specific units) up to and including the position of Station Officer in accordance with Schedule ‘D’ of the Agreement
- Hold PUA40313 Certificate IV in Public Safety (Firefighting Supervision).
- A proven track record for performance and professionalism within the fire industry
- A strong focus on team orientation
- You must be an Australian Citizen and able to maintain a Department of Defence Security Clearance.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: