Project Scheduler - Defence
Canberra Airport, ACT
Who we are:
Downer Defence Systems provides a broad range of professional and managed services, asset sustainment and estate upkeep services to the Australian Defence Force, the New Zealand Defence Force and other government agencies.
Downer Defence Systems, combining the footprint and capability of Downer and Spotless, is one of the only integrated services companies that has a whole of Defence Capability Life Cycle offering and mindset. Our Sovereign Industry Capability delivers to the needs of Defence, National Security organisations, the major Primes and other government agencies.
As an ADM Top 10 Defence Contractor, we are a proven and trusted long-term partner, committed to diversity and inclusiveness and to growing Australia’s Defence industry with the participation of Small to Medium Enterprises.
Downer Defence Systems requires a Level 3 Project Scheduler. This role is based out of Canberra.
The successful applicant will manage one level 2 resource provided Scheduler and will be required to demonstrate a strong background in working with a range of stakeholders.
The Project Scheduler is required under general direction to assist in the planning and delivery of the Project, capture the teams vision of how tasks will be performed, gain consensus of all stakeholders and maintain & support the delivery of project plans. The role will require proven project scheduling and support skills and the ability to work within an integrated team of technical/non-technical personnel. The candidate will be required to function within broad guidelines and willing to identify solutions to common problems. The successful candidate will need to be a self-starter and have the ability to work within strict timeframes.
Desirable Qualification/ Skills/ Experience
- Experience in using MS project Professional, MS Project Server and other MS products; Visio, PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Demonstrated experience in a PMO project scheduling role.
- An experienced project scheduler who is looking to develop their career in a prominent professional services business.
- Proven ability in successfully managing priorities and delivering results within time constraints.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively whilst anticipating stakeholder needs and expectations.
- An understanding of the Defence Capability Life Cycle.
- Understanding & practical experience working within a Defence project, quality assurance & business improvement process practices and targeted & effective business solutions and outcomes.
- Experience in building trusted & valued relationships with project team members, customers & partners.
- Must hold an Australian Government security clearance (NV1 level and above).
What we offer:
- A diverse and challenging work environment.
- A growing business where opportunities are great.
- A great team where you are empowered to lead.
- Referral bonuses.
- Leave Purchases.
- Access to monthly Professional Development Sessions (including specialist forums).
Candidates must be Australian citizens with a minimum NV1 security clearance or be eligible to obtain an Australian Government Security Clearance prior to commencement of engagement. Applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens will not be considered.
To apply please click “ Apply For This Job ” or contact Linda D. @ 0417 385 576 for further details.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: