Operations Technical Writer
AIRBUS GROUP AUSTRALIA PACIFIC
Operations Technical Writer
About the team
Located at RAAF Base Richmond, the Air Mobility Program provides Through Life Support (maintenance, engineering and logistics) to the Royal Australian Air Force C-130J Hercules platform.
We are currently seeking Expressions of Interest from experienced Technical Writers to join the Technical Publications Team based at RAAF Base Richmond. The team is responsible for compiling and maintaining electronic, mechanical, and safety information for use in all forms of technical documentation including owner's manuals, technical instructions, and any other documents that are necessary for the technical and operational support of Airbus Australia Pacific's (AAPs) products and component parts.
About the role
Reporting to the Team Lead C130 Technical Support Services, this position will produce technical publications for the platform's operational procedures, including hardcopy and electronic technical manuals as required. The Operational Technical Writer holds the responsibility to draft, format and promulgate amendments and additions to various operational publications applicable to external customers.
The following activities will fall within the scope of the Operational Technical Writer:
- Suggest improvements or changes required to the documents and plans that pertain to the relevant ACQ or TLS phase of the nominated Project, with a specific focus on technical documentation related activities and content
- Provide feedback and recommendations to the Engineering and Logistics teams regarding technical publication content and format
- Incorporate minor amendments to technical illustrations
- Provide in service support to the customer on the use of operational and technical publications
- Update and maintain Airbus technical publication related computer programs and tools
The Knowledge and Experience best suited to this role:
- An Aircraft Technical Trade Qualification and/or equivalent experience
- Previous Aircrew experience on C-130 Hercules type aircraft
- Good understanding of the Defence technical publication system
- Demonstrated experience in writing technical publications and technical publication amendments
- Knowledge and experience with using the S1000D specification and Standard Generalized Mark-up Language (SGML) authoring would be highly regarded
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A commitment to building effective relationships
What's on offer
Airbus Group is a global platform for excellence, with network expertise providing our people with the opportunity to be a part of rapidly advancing innovations in engineering and technology to accomplish the extraordinary; making the world a more connected, safer and smarter place.
Here at Airbus Australia Pacific we offer dynamic and diverse roles as well as a friendly place to work! Some benefits you can expect:
- Options for flexible working arrangements, including 9 day working fortnight
- Clear operational and strategic objectives
- Supportive structures, systems and processes
- Exciting and significant future commercial opportunities
- A commitment to your professional development
- Strong links to the broader Airbus Group global community.
- Values driven leadership focussed on employee and customer experience
- Competitive salary packaging
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee health plans – Physiotherapist available at some sites
Applicants must be eligible for an Australian Government Security Clearance and have the capacity to satisfy pre-employment medical screening which may include drug and alcohol testing.
More about Airbus in Australia Pacific
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, and is one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Airbus in Australia Pacific is the region's largest helicopter manufacturer, employing more than 1500 people across 15 sites in Australia and New Zealand. With the largest market share in civilian and military helicopters, the company supports more than 500 Airbus Helicopters and is well recognised as a leading Through-Life-Support provider in military fixed wing and helicopter platforms.
Application Closing Date: 15 December 2019
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: