Apply now Start Please wait... Enrolled Nurse - Robertson Health Centre - Casual Job Req ID: 61707 Posting Start Date: 01-Dec-2019 Location: Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia Contract Type: Casual Job Description:
- A Casual opportunity supporting the Australian Defence Force
- Work within a multi-disciplinary clinical team
- Contribute to positive health outcomes in a unique environment
You are a passionate and dedicated nurse who is committed to providing the highest quality healthcare. With an ability to put patients at ease, your warmth and care is one of your greatest attributes. You can work with minimal supervision and thrive in a busy environment where you can make a difference to those in need. You are a respectful and professional person who demonstrates exceptional moral values in everything you do. You are passionate about providing health services and working as part of a multi-disciplinary team to support delivery of the highest standard of care to patients. About the Role
You will be responsible for providing outpatient assessment, inpatient care and health promotion services to patients, under the supervision of the Registered Nurse. You will assess the level of care required for patients and set priorities accordingly, as well as initiating treatment for minor injuries and illnesses. To be successful in this role, you will have:
- The highest levels of personal integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Current unconditional and unrestricted registration as an Enrolled Nurse (Division 2), General with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) without medication notation.
- 2 years full-time post registration nursing experience in an Acute Health Care Setting (or part-time equivalent).
- 2 years full-time post registration nursing experience in an Acute Health Care Setting within the last 5 years (or part-time equivalent).
- Recent participation in Continuing Professional Development (CPD) activities in accordance with AHPRA.
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (HLTAID001) certification.
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team to support the delivery of safe, efficient and high quality care to patients.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation and externally with a range of personnel.
This is a position of trust and responsibility and to support this we will conduct a thorough probity assessment, which includes a national police check as an essential selection component for this role. Please note that you must be an Australian Citizen in order to obtain the required Baseline Security Clearance for this role. About Us
ADF Health Services Contract provides integrated healthcare services to Australian Defence Force (ADF) personnel across Australia. As part of this newly-awarded contract, Serco, in partnership with Bupa, will provide defence-ready clinical and support staff across 50+ on-base locations nationally, ensuring that ADF personnel have access to quality on-site medical care. Our staff take pride in delivering quality health services to achieve outstanding care and our new recruits for the ADF Health Services Contract will be no exception. At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including Defence, Transport, Justice, Immigration, Healthcare and Citizen Services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone. To learn more please visit . Join Us If you are inspired to make a positive difference and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. Please note your resume must include - start and finish dates for each role, along with employment type (e.g. casual, part time, full time) and hours worked per week. Serco values of Trust, Care, Innovation and Pride underpin everything we do. We are curious, creative and collaborative. Our people help in ways that matter. We are committed to diversity and we encourage people from different backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culturally and linguistically diverse and people with disabilities to apply.