Canberra Airport, ACT
Who we are:
Downer Defence Systems provides a broad range of professional and managed services, asset sustainment and estate upkeep services to the Australian Defence Force, the New Zealand Defence Force and other government agencies.
Downer Defence Systems, combining the footprint and capability of Downer and Spotless, is one of the only integrated services companies that has a whole of Defence Capability Life Cycle offering and mindset. Our Sovereign Industry Capability delivers to the needs of Defence, National Security organisations, the major Primes and other government agencies.
As an ADM Top 10 Defence Contractor, we are a proven and trusted long-term partner, committed to diversity and inclusiveness and to growing Australia’s Defence industry with the participation of Small to Medium Enterprises.
Downer Defence Systems requires a Level 3 Security Engineer. The experienced security engineer will support the Air Command – Command & Control Capability System (AC-C2CS) Product Manager and will liaise directly with key stakeholders.
They will be responsible for supporting the review and development of security artefacts required by Defence Policy including, but not limited to, System Overview Documents, System Risk Scores/Assessments and Statement of Applicability.
- Proven experience in the development and certification of complex missions critical applications.
- Experience in CASG sustainment or similar tasks; demonstrated understanding of AC-2CS or similar technology systems.
- Degree Qualified in Engineering or Computer Science.
- CISSP/ CISM, SABSA, CompTIA Security+, CCNA Security, GIAC or similar.
- Knowledge of the Australian Government Information Security Manual (ISM) and the Defence Security Principals Framework (FSPF) Government.
- An experienced Security Engineer who is looking to develop their career in a prominent professional services business.
- An understanding of the Defence Capability Life Cycle.
- Understanding & practical experience working within a Defence project, quality assurance & business improvement process practices and targeted & effective business solutions and outcomes.
- Experience in building trusted & valued relationships with project team members, customers & partners.
- Must hold an Australian Government security clearance (NV1 level and above).
What we offer:
- A diverse and challenging work environment.
- A growing business where opportunities are great.
- A great team where you are empowered to lead.
- Referral bonuses.
- Leave Purchases.
- Access to monthly Professional Development Sessions (including specialist forums).
Candidates must be Australian citizens with a minimum NV1 security clearance or be eligible to obtain an Australian Government Security Clearance prior to commencement of engagement. Applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens will not be considered.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: