Field Service Technician Supervisor
Thales Australia Limited
Location: Rockingham, Australia
About ThalesThales people provide armed forces customers with operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defence mission systems solutions at land, sea, and air. Our platforms extend across the battlespace including Above and Sonar, Electronic Combat, and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance systems.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
About Our SiteThe Thales Rockingham is 50km south of the Perth CBD and has close proximity to HMAS Stirling and the Australian Maritime Complex. The site comprises of office space, SCYLLA Sonar Demonstration Lab, warehousing and general workshop facilities. In addition to offering free parking onsite, the office is only a 5 minute drive from cafes and restaurants along Rockingham's foreshore.
Supervise all maintenance activities on Collins Class Submarines and Surface Ships as nominated by management ensuring schedule progression, report and work pack Quality and safety standards are maintained throughout;
· Communicating and Interfacing with enterprise stakeholders and Maintenance Managers ensuring task progression and relevant issues or defects are reported accurately and efficiently.
· Performing all tasks in a safe and efficient manner by adhering to safety mandates in place (JSEAs, SOPs, etc.), ensuring all pre-requisite and follow up actions are completed.
· Utilise databases and information systems to enter data or generate reports that are clear, concise and free from fundamental errors;
· Maintain a high level of internal and external customer / stakeholder satisfaction
· Drive and support the implementation and maintenance of the LEAN organisational philosophy;
Key Skills & Experience
· Prior experience in supervision and lead of maintenance activities
· Equivalent extensive training, including specialist equipment training, in the repair and maintenance of electronic/electrical/electro-mechanical equipment and systems with experience in fault diagnosis, repair and maintenance of sensors
· Quality and OHS systems knowledge.
· Advanced technical writing skills.
· Good people skills and a proven ability to communicate in a positive manner with internal and external customers.
· Advanced computer skills, particularly MS Office
Thales is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, please visit http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: