Storeperson - Permanent Position
Broadspectrum is a leading global provider of operations, maintenance, and asset and project management services. This is a fantastic opportunity to work locally with a global organisation offering a safe workplace, a secure role and excellent career opportunities.
Broadspectrum has a longstanding partnership with the Australian Defence Force and have a brand-new opening for an experienced Storeperson to join our Defence Base Services team. This permanent, full-time position will be located within our Defence Science and Technology site in Fishermans Bend, and offers a dynamic team environment on one of the company’s largest contracts.
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Receipt, Maintenance, Storage, Issue and Disposal of stores including inventory accounting and management
- Ensure contractual obligations are met with respect to service delivery, procedures and instructions, statement of works and Broadspectrum procedures and instructions
- Utilise the Military Integrated Logistics Information System (MILIS), Roman, CVS, Defence Transaction Processor (DTP), ChemAlert and other systems as required
- Assist the Team Leader with record keeping and documentation
- Participate in monthly Toolbox Meetings
- Assist the Stores Site Supervisor/Team Leader with HSE Site Inspections
- Promote safety in the workplace
- Receive and record customer complaints.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by the Site Supervisor / Team Leader consistent with skill and competence level
- Provide transport of stores and undertake forklift tasking as required
- Experience in a technically related work, preferably part qualified in a Certificate of Trade
- Well-developed computer literacy skills in Microsoft suite and Defence systems desirable
- Demonstrated experience stores accounting or commercial equivalent
- Relevant professional qualifications are desirable
- Possess a current Australian State or Territory open driver's licence for C – Class vehicles
- Possess a current Australian State or Territory licence for operating forklifts
- Good communication, problem solving, writing and analysis skills
Please visit the Careers section of our website or Click “APPLY” to forward your application CV, along with copies of your trade qualifications and proof of Citizenship.
The incumbent to this role must be eligible to hold a Defence Security Clearance up to the level of Negative Vetting Level 1 (Secret) and be prepared to undergo a pre-employment medical including a drug & alcohol test. As a result of this requirement the incumbent must be an Australian Citizen
Broadspectrum is an equal opportunity employer and we strive to recruit and appoint the best available person regardless of sex, age, religion, race, marital status, nationality, sexual orientation or disability
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: