Senior Systems Safety Engineer
Job Description About us Boeing Defence Australia is shaping the future of aerospace and delivering some of the nation's most important programs for the Australian Defence Force. Joining us is a chance to make your mark, working with a diverse team that is united in pushing the boundaries of imagination and excellence. We currently employ more than 2,500 people across 14 sites in Australia and three international locations and have a range of opportunities available as we plan for future growth. The opportunity BDA is undergoing significant growth and is looking for a passionate Senior Systems Safety Engineer to join our team in Adelaide. We are seeking technical professionals interested in working collaboratively across an interdisciplinary and multinational team on cutting edge systems, and developing exciting new technologies, to support and grow Australia's defence capability. Responsibilities In this role, you will perform systems engineering activities to plan, design, develop and verify systems as they relate to safety. You will have responsibility to support projects in understanding requirements and design implications pertaining to safety and identify potential and realised performance and safety considerations. Leveraging your experience, you will lead specific scopes of work in safety engineering for projects. You will also have the opportunity to actively promote the benefit of safety across the organisation and contribute to the development and growth of these disciplines within BDA. Experience/Qualifications
- Excellent communication skills that enable you to influence outcomes in a team environment
- A continuous improvement mindset
- Tertiary degree qualification in engineering or related technical discipline
- Experience in the planning and execution of a systems safety program
- Experience within an aviation environment would be highly desirable.
- Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet defence security requirements.
- Flexible working options
- Study assistance
- Salary packaging
- Employee Incentive Program
- Global opportunities
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: