Thales Australia Limited
Location: Rockingham, Australia
About ThalesThales people provide armed forces customers with operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defence mission systems solutions at land, sea, and air. Our platforms extend across the battlespace including Above and Sonar, Electronic Combat, and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance systems.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
About Our SiteThe Thales Rockingham is 50km south of the Perth CBD and has close proximity to HMAS Stirling and the Australian Maritime Complex. The site comprises of office space, SCYLLA Sonar Demonstration Lab, warehousing and general workshop facilities. In addition to offering free parking onsite, the office is only a 5 minute drive from cafes and restaurants along Rockingham's foreshore.
The Underwater Systems (UWS) team in Western Australia comprises a number of key Customer Support and Service based contracts. These include Collins Class Submarine Scylla In Service Support (ISS) contract and the MU 90 Light Weight Torpedo ISS contract.
About the role
Reporting into the Support Engineering Manager the Support Engineer will provide professional in-service support for a variety of products including Sonar ad Towed Array.
- Conduct Investigations and Root Cause Analysis of systems and components.
- Conduct engineering design tasks in accordance with company procedures and processes ensuring that design products comply with the technical requirements of the task.
- Support integration and testing activities.
- Provide Engineering support to the WA Field Service Technicians during defect identification and rectification.
- Conduct Engineering Change and Change Management of the baseline systems.
- Hold formal qualifications in Electrical / Electronic Engineering / Science and are able to meet the requirements for membership of Engineers Australia.
- Experience working in an engineering role in a Defence or major project environment.
- High level of proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel and MS Project
- Adopt a pro-active and preventative approach to OH&S and risk management issues
- Familiarity with systems engineering processes and lifecycles.
- Experience with conducting formal engineering change.
- Ability to obtain a Defence security clearance to NV1 level
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) clearance
Thales is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, please visit http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: