Work Package Manager(Project Manager)
Thales Australia Limited
Location: Melbourne, Australia
About ThalesThales people architect solutions that are relied upon to deliver operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defensive systems for land, sea, and air. From early warning, to threat neutralisation, our platforms cover all levels from very short-range systems, to extended protection across the entire battle-space including Air Traffic Management, Vehicles and Tactical Systems and Missile Defence, Optronics, and Radar.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
About Our SiteOur Melbourne CBD site is home to over 500 employees working across our Air Traffic Management, Vehicles & Tactical Systems and E-Security businesses. A modern, new office with amazing views of the Yarra river, we are only a 5 minute walk from Southern Cross railway station and Tram stop. There are plenty of cafes and restaurants in and near the building and childcare facilities at Thales discounted prices. We have bike racks and shower facilities available and offer 10% off your yearly Myki card subscription.
Based in our Air Traffic management team in Melbourne, the Work Package Manager will oversee the design to commissioning of a fit for purpose IT infrastructure to suit the air traffic control application (Automated provisioning). The IT infrastructure, comprised of data processing servers, workstations, screens and peripherals connected in a triple tier redundant, high availability network. The infrastructure is delivered for a nationwide air traffic management system in the customer premises.
- Creating/reviewing and reporting on the work package, its scope schedule and deliverables, and ensure team size and skillset are adequate to meet project’s deadlines
- Creating/reviewing work package description, statement of work, cost allocations and ensure accurate forecasts and tracking.
- Change & variation management including assessing the impact, and overseeing the creation of technical proposals, whitepapers, formal contract variations and internal change requests.
- Managing resource allocation and workload distribution to ensure on time completion of milestones and deliverables
- Create, manage and track schedule and team performance against this schedule.
- Periodic reporting to customers, internal stakeholders, project team for schedule, risk, cost, quality, scope & procurement
You hold the following skills and attributes:
- Project Management qualification and/or certification (PMBOK preferred)
- Experience in Ansible is highly regarded
- Experience in delivering Mission-Critical or High Availability IT systems and networked computer infrastructure
- Experience in managing engineering teams of 3-10
The position is dependent on the candidate eligibility to obtain a Defence Security Clearance.
The suitable candidate needs to be ITARS cleared; therefore Thales needs to know if you hold any passport other than Australian, or have dual citizenship.
Interstate and international travel required
You will also need to successfully clear a pre-employment medical and police check.
Culture & Benefits at Thales
Thales can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We support our employees to develop professionally and succeed. We are a growing global organisation so hiring from within is our first priority, ensuring all our employees are given every opportunity to develop and build their career. We offer a variety of initiatives that support your wellbeing such as flexible work practices, salary sacrifice, novated leasing and purchased leave.
Thales is committed to providing an inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work, we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: